Thursday, April 9, 2009

John Daly Finally Made It Back To The Masters...


...unfortunately, he didn't make it into The Masters, but rather across the street from The Masters where he's hawking t-shirts, head covers, practice balls and more. I've always been a fan of big John, but it's really sad to see what's happened to him. But, maybe, and I emphasize maybe, he's headed down the right path now. Here's an excerpt from an article on SportingNews.com:

Daly is ranked 783rd in the world, has no exempt playing status to get into PGA Tour events, said he lost between $7 million and $8 million in sponsorship dollars last year and has no idea where his game is after sitting out the past six months in part because of a PGA Tour suspension.

"I don't have one sponsor right now," Daly told The Post "I'm on the verge of bankruptcy with the bad economy and the loss of sponsors. I don't want to go that route."

Daly, whose weight increased to 280 pounds at one point, had Lap-Band weight loss surgery seven weeks ago and told the newspaper he already has lost 40 pounds. He also is working with Phil Mickelson's former coach, Rick Smith, getting ready to play in Europe in a few weeks. He also says he's working with a therapist to address his personal problems, which have included divorces, drinking and financial issues.

"I've always been down on talking to a shrink, but I'm not ashamed to say I'm doing that right now," Daily told the newspaper. "I've had so many things going on in my life that I need it to help me. He's helped me settle on realistic goals. I've always expected too much out of myself and it's probably ruined my career to this point."

Photo Source: PhotoBucket.com

comments

0 Responses to "John Daly Finally Made It Back To The Masters..."

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates